Friday, June 19, 2009

Our HERO'S!

Wanting to wish our Dad's a Happy Father's Day! This handsome man is my grandpa on my dad's side. (our idaho grandpa)
He has the biggest heart, a very hard worker, a tough side (he thinks) but definatly a tender heart (where I get my boobing from). This is also where my OCD for cleaning came about. This guy is very tidy and fortunatly for me (not) passed it along to my dad and then to me! What stories he has to tell, about his parents and his childhood, memories I will always remember. He is always teasing that tommarow will be his last day, so to that we are greatful to be apart of his last days, living here in Twin.
This is one of my favorite photo's, my dad sent this to me when he was in China just to say I love you in an email. I am so greatful I got the dad I got. He has been such a strong example in my life. Has taught me the importance of service and having a strong testimony of the gospel. Has never given up on his faith, even when times were tough, and to that I am most greatful. He has always been a very hard worker and has always been there for his kids. We have always know how much our dad loves us. I hope you have a wonderful day, I hope you know how special you are to our family and we can't wait to see in three weeks! It's been a long year.

This is Shane and his dad during one of their million hunting adventures. Their bond has grown through their love of hunting. I love Paul to death, we also share a common bond, tidiness!
He is a neat and organized guy and I love that about him. I tease him by calling him Marla (his sister, she paints her home and garage floor every three months) and he calls me Martha (Martha Stewart I guess ha, ha). He is always great with the kids and is a very proud grandpa of thirteen grandchildren.two serving missions! We hope you know Pa, how special you are to our family and wish we could be with you on Father's Day. Sending you lots of hugs and kisses.

3 comments:

garn family said...

Hi guys, I loved the picture of you and Dad, It is great to have such an Awesome Dad like we do. Hope you have a great Father's Day ! Love ya.

The Cook Clan said...

What a lovely post. I love the pics!

DeAnna Packer said...

I just popped in to your blog a second, and received a treat....Fathers being tenderly spoken of by a Sweetheart of a girl.

I too would like to add MY word of love and admiration for those men who have such influence on our lives.... especially the Miller and Memmott Men!