We wanted to wish our mother's a very special Mother's Day...
I couldn't beleive when I found this picture, my great grandmother, my grandmother and my dad (the handsome one), and then me. Four generation photo. I thought it was perfect for mother's day. My grandma was raised by a wonderful lady, I don't know much about her, I just know you don't get much better than my grandma, so she must have been taught well. I am so appreciative of my grandmother raising a great son (my dad), I look to him as my example and owe her that credit. I feel so lucky to have her in my life and my kids get to share our memories too. She is so fun to be around, a great example of unconditional love, ALWAYS cheerful, and happy. Thank you for being my Idaho mother. We love you and wish you a happy Mother's Day
This beautiful lady is Shane's mother, Betty. This photo was taken the day Shane left for New York on his mission. Betty is wonderful. She is a very talented person, from sewing, to quilting, to decorating, to city council woman, she has done it all! She is an outstanding grandmother to thirteen grandchildren and has raised a son that I couldn't live my life without! He is the glue to our family and has many, many traits from his mother. She is very likable, I've never met anyone with so many friends. Anyone who meets her, loves her! Betty, you have taken me in as one of your own, and for that I am most greatful. We love you very much and wish we could be there to give you a hug on this special Mother's Day!
This is my beautiful mother on my wedding day twelve years ago. She is such a very classy lady, always looks beautiful and ten years younger than she is. She is a very gifted woman. Some of my fondest memories were just going out to lunch, or shopping together. We were inseprable for many years, she was my children's second mom. She has always been a leader in my life, she has served in many positions in church, held a Mrs. Utah title, raised five children, a beautician, and always my cheerleader. Whatever she did she accomplished to the fullest and then moved on to the next accomplishment. I miss the relationship we use to have but wanted her to know I'll be thinking of her on this Mother's Day. We have gone our seperate ways but she will always be my mother.

2 comments:
What a sweet tribute!
Melissa... What lovely thoughts on Mother's Day and always. Thank you for posting these. I have to admit I think you hit it right on the head with your sweet comments. Guess it takes a great Mom to see the goodness in others.
Happy Mother's Day to a Special Mother!
Post a Comment