After it has been lanced, day two still pretty swollen
Tues, before it was lanced, swollen on both eyes now.Saturday I woke up with my left eye swollen and a hard spot on the bridge of my nose, hoping it would go away I left it alone. Sunday my eye was swollen shut, no doctors available besides the er, I waited to get in until Mon. Monday morning I awoke to my eyelid sticking out and swollen at least an inch from my eye, swollen SHUT (shane took a pic, but it would scare you). I got into a plastic surgeon right away and there was nothing they could do besides a heavy dose of antibiotics, too swollen to touch. So by Wed. there was a hard red spot after some swelling had gone down and I met him at the surgery center and he lanced the area, packed it with guaze and I went home to lay on the couch once again. Thank goodness for dad and my aunt karen, and my great neighbor! They took the kids every day for a couple hours, brought in a meal, while I laid on the couch with ice. Holy cow, it is amazing how life stops when your body shuts down. I couldn't drive, I couldn't see, couldn't mow the lawn, couldn't leave the house, couldn't sit up to play with the kids, on and on with daily duties, craziness!!! I think now I am on the downhill slope, the incision has drained what it could and now I just have to deal with the swelling, which I was told would be another ten days. Yikes! I took some photos too look back on (pretty scary). It's amazing to watch your body fight an infection. Each day is a little better. My kids want to play pirates because I can only see out of one eye. At least they find the fun in it! I hope I can look back on this and laugh, not so funny right now! Meanwhile, Shane is trying to finish two commercial jobs that are both due today, Friday that have been going on for a month. I've seen him a total of three hours a day for the last three weeks. I keep telling myself, it could be worse.

6 comments:
That is so scary! Scott was telling me about that! How are you feeling????
Nice new look.. so sorry!!! Look so painful!!!!!
you poor thing!! sounds like we've had the same hours with our hubbies-I miss him.wish i was coming this weekend....miss ya
Oh Melissa!! That looks horriable! I am so glad you are feeling better. No there is nothing like your health. Come over to my blog and see what happened to me in June! Oh it's no fun, but it sure makes you greatful for your health!!
Oh no Melissa. I had that very thing happen about 9 years ago. Not fun at all. Scarry when something happens to your vision. Hope you are on the mend!!
holy crap melissa! i had no idea. i need to be a better friend!!! do you need me to bring you dinner on monday? you poor thing!
Post a Comment