Sunday, November 23, 2008
Twilight Critique
The night began with a full parking lot and a line out the door of the only theater in Twin Falls Idaho. Luckily I pre-bought tickets and saved ourselves of standing in line, only to find another line inside to get in the door to the big screen. Shane was my lucky date (a good sport) that evening, we found good seats and the movie started. From out of no where screaming 15-20 year olds were jumping up and down out of their seats obviously excited about the movie. I was very excited as well because the book was so good. I felt it got off to a slow start, the chemistry you read and created from the book between Edward and Bella did not match what I had pictured. I loved that it followed the book so well, but Shane couldn't keep up! The characters were a perfect match. After two hours went by, still hearing the screaming every fifteen minutes (which got to be annoying) in between Shane was ready to get out of there. The lights came on, I was disappointed it didn't last 5 or 6 hours and cover all four books, but we were on our way home. The parking lot turned into a vampire nightmare, people with their faces painted and edward and jacob clothing everywhere! I didn't know these people existed in small Twin Falls. Pretty entertaining (the movie and the freaks) it was overall a fun show to go see, just be sure you read the book first! P.S. thanks bethany for watching the kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That sounds so much like our experience. My good sported husband went with me too. We too dealt with obnoxious teenagers. Overall, I enjoyed the show but I felt the same as you with regard to Edward and Bella.
Your Christmas deocrations and trees look beautiful. I am in love with your trees. They are gorgeous!
Everything looks beautiful. I wish you were here to decorate China...haha....Terry and I were in the newspaper again at the basketball game Friday. "Foreigners attend Qingdao basketball." What a kick. That is the third picture in the paper (that we've seen). Hope you're feeling well. Love ya.
That is too funny! When I went to the midnight movie people screamed when it first started but then I think they were too tired to scream. I loved the movie and thought they did a really nice job.
OK....Have to cherp in here.
Great book. Fun Movie (Edward came 'close' but not quite the perfection 'I' had made him out to be. (Dee knows if I accidently call him Edward--he is really something!:)
Fun books...Fun talking...Fun movie
(Oh, Carslile wasn't quite the way I had pictured ...but, oh well)
Post a Comment