Sunday, April 26, 2009

Disliking Immunizations!

Ledgie (what Ryker calls him) had a well check up and got shots on Thurs. morning for his four month. Weighing in at 18.5 pounds, "he is a very healthy and happy baby" the doc says. He seemed to have taken the shots well, until we got home. Around 5:30 he screamed and screamed until he went to bed at eight. Next day, screamed and screamed, up at 6 am and I couldn't do anything to calm him down. Overdosed him with tylenol and went back into the doctor, thinking it was something else. Of course, good ole St. Lukes couldn't find anything wrong and printed me off this paper that said 1 in 900 has a reaction and has crying spells for up to three hours at a time. Oh goodie we are the 1. That check up made for a very LONG weekend, but it is Sunday and he is doing a little better. Make a long story short, to heck with immunizations!!!

4 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

You poor thing. That sounds completely miserable. We hate those shots too at our house. We have never had a reaction like that before. I'm so sorry.

Julia said...

That happened to me with my first-Jayla and I was told it was the whooping cough vaccine-that she was allergic so she didn't get the follow up one. I am with you-vaccines are misreable!

The Cook Clan said...

Oh man! I hate getting shots, it's even worse having to take your baby in to get them.

**nicke... said...

that stinks! poor ledgie!