Kildare birds make their nest in the rocks
Red Finch nest of four in one tree
Red Finch nest of five in another treeRyker and I were wondering around the yard yesterday and noticed as we came by our tree that a finch flew out of it, I looked up and noticed a nest was built. We of course got the ladder to take a closer look and found four tiny, very tiny eggs. I hoisted Ryker up to see and he almost grabbed the nest right out of the tree. He wants to bring it inside to see the birds hatch. For the next three and a half hours I am trying to explain to him we can't touch it or the mama bird won't come back. He then exclaims "we'll just shoot her with my slingshot" (he is his dad's son). Four hours later we had to show sissy and daddy our discovery. While I was walking around the back side of our home another finch got up, and her nest has five eggs in it. Very cool to see a nest let alone to think of how birds build their nests with only their beak, how long that would take. Then to think babies hatch and survive Idaho wind is just a miracle. As most of you know I am a nest lover and wanted to share our discovery. More updates to come as Ryker wants to check the nests every fifteen minutes. Hopefully we will have babies soon!
Oh yeah, the eggs in the rocks we stumbled on, Ryker got his bb gun out and wanted to go and gun down these kildare out front and the mother came charging at us, I thought it was odd and got a little closer after Ryker shewed her off with a couple of shots (missing of course) and found these eggs, and what seems to be a nest out of twigs right in the Rocks! What a dumb bird, meanwhile our cats are on the hunt. We probably won't get pics of these babies, I have heard they leave the nest after only one day! Amazing how life is for nature!

5 comments:
Wow, that is seriously cool!!!
That is so cool!!! We'll have to come over and see the babies when they hatch! :)
P.S. You DO NOT owe me anything for the dress. :)
Wow that is really cool, I love seeing nests too. Ryker seems like a total stud.....my kind of kid! Thanks for your kind words, you are so awesome! I will miss card club... getting to know you was so fun and I will never forget our Twilight movie night, awesome! Anyways hopefully we can look back soon and see the miracles God performs everyday in our lifes!
oh how fun melissa! i know how you love nests so i bet you had a great time with it also. mark and shawna had a kilkdeer nest hatch at their house last year. the babies were so adorable. one of the little birdies was trying to climb over a garden hose and fell. i thought it was super cute. i hope they make it with ryker and his sling shot! ;)
I am glad to see you are bird lovers too. Ha Ha Love ya Laurie
Post a Comment