
For our Relief Society Birthday Celebration last night we did a theme of Zions Place Mall. We had 5 different mini classes and food venues in the gym just like the mall. It was such a fun idea. We passed around sign ups for the food and got a great turn out. Here are the pictures of the food venues: we also had Pizzeria (Costco pizza), Garden Cafe (salads), Mrs. Fields (cookies and treats), Subway (foot longs cut into fourths), Cinnabon (cinnamon rolls). I decorated the tables with lots of different shopping bags filled with tissue paper and balloons floating above. I through out confetti and scrunched up paper money for the shopping effect.
The mini classes were all shopping stores: Bath and Body (taking care of your body), Toys R Us (we are children of God), Kay Jewelers (no two diamonds are alike-talents), Swensen's Grocery (food storage), Payless Shoe (walk in someone else's shoes-judging). We all got a small shopping bag and received a handout or small gift at each class. Lastly, we all took home a credit card that said Master In Charge with the scripture: John 15:5. This turned out to be one of the best enrichment activities we've had. Such a fun night, just wanted to share the idea.





6 comments:
What a fun idea!!! I wish they would think of things like that in my ward.
How fun! Somebody(ies) went to a lot of work! That is really creative.
That sounds awesome! Ours isn't until the middle of April.
Wow! That does sound like fun! What an incredible amount of work and creativity. Glad you had a nice night.
Super Cute blog, you are just crafty all around, It is fun to see your kids and they are so cute! I sent you an invite to my blog so check your email! Let me know if it doesnt work!
Loved the ideas and I'll bet the ladies enjoyed the evening.
Lots of work....Lots of fun... encourages lots of delightful socializing that we need often in RS.
I assume you must be in Enrichment??
Post a Comment